Selected as Co-Creation Partner for business concept of “High-Frequency Reusable Space Transportation System” by Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
SPACE WALKER Inc. is honored to be selected as a co-creation partner for the business concept of a “High-Frequency Reusable Space Transportation System” by the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (hereinafter referred to as JAXA). The two parties have concluded a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to start co-creation activities.
■ About SPACE WALKER
SPACE WALKER Inc. (hereinafter referred to as SPACE WALKER) is a university startup conducting research and development of winged reusable suborbital spaceplanes. The company envisions sustainable commercial space transportation for all, as familiar as air travel today.
SPACE WALKER proposed a business idea to provide high-frequency space transportation services in response to the Announcement of the Opportunity (AO) “Co-Creation of a Business Concept for the High-Frequency Space Transportation System” solicited by the Business Development and Industrial Relations Department of JAXA from July 29th to August 31st, 2022. The aim of the Announcement of the Opportunity is to secure large future markets, which include space travel for civilian passenger flights and two-point high-speed transportation.
The purpose, as outlined below, is to promote actions to materialize the “High-Frequency Reusable Space Transportation System”.
- To promote technical studies, including space transportation system concepts, in order to realize business ideas (business models) of companies that have business intentions relevant to “High-Frequency Reusable Space Transportation System”.
- To reflect important technical issues identified through the technical study in the “JAXA Technology Roadmap for next generation space transportation systems”.
- To study the business model and space transportation system under the initiative of the private sector for the realization of the project by the “High-Frequency Reusable Space Transportation System”. And to promote efforts in unison with research and development on critical technological issues supported by JAXA.
SPACE WALKER will continue the development of winged reusable spaceplanes with a view to contribute towards a sustainable future both in space and on earth.
- Information from Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA):
https://aerospacebiz.jaxa.jp/topics/news/koubo-20221205_ao/ (available in Japanese)
- Information from Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT):
The Roadmap Study Group for Realization of Innovative Future Space Transportation Systems https://www.mext.go.jp/b_menu/shingi/chousa/kaihatu/024/toushin/mext_00001.html (available in Japanese)
For further information, please contact below:
Corporate Planning Office, Public Relations